Monday, August 10, 2015

Odilo eBooks FAQ

OdiloTK Digital Library - Easy & Engaging

Patron FAQs
8-10-15
Powered by ODILO and accessed with your library card/account, Wayne Public Library offers free, 24/7, one-click lending for eBooks. Browse titles to enjoy on any device, whether via the Nubereader browser app, the ODILO app for tablets and mobile devices or downloaded directly to your PC or MAC.

Q:  What is Nubereader?

A: Nubereader is ODILO's powerful HTML5 cloud-based app that allows you to enjoy digital reading like never before, with capabilities such as notes taking, highlighting, notes sharing, device synchronization, in addition to many other features.

Q: What devices can I read from?

A: You can enjoy digital content from a variety of devices including Chromebook, PC and Mac® computers, iPhone®, iPad®, iPod® touch, Android™, as well as many other eBook readers such as Sony® Reader, Barnes & Noble NOOK™, Kobo eReader, and Amazon® Kindle eReaders.

Q: Is there a mobile reading app?

A: There are several mobile reading apps including Android, iOS and Windows 8.X.  EPUB and PDF eBooks can be also be enjoyed using the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software. ODILO's browser app allows you to read from any device.

Q: Do I need an Adobe ID to register the Odilo reading app?

A: No Adobe ID is required. Simply fill in your state and choose your library (The Library Network if you are using the app) from a drop-down menu, then enter your library card barcode and PIN.

Q: How can I read from a Kindle?

A: Reading from Android powered Kindles is available using the ODILO App or Nubereader. The ODILO Cloud Reader also works for Kindle e-ink devices with a browser and Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.

Q: Can I make the eBook more like a large print book?

A: Yes. You can control several aspects of your reading experience, including font size, brightness, spacing, making notes, and adding bookmarks.

Q: How many titles can I check out at a time?

A: You may check out six titles at a time.

Q: How long do I have each title for?

A: You will retain each title for 14 days.

Q: How do I return my materials?

A: At the end of the lending period, titles automatically ‘expire’ and return to the library collection.

Q: Can I renew a title I already have checked out?

A: No. But if there is not a hold on the title, you can check it right back out again.

Q: Can I choose my own lending period?

A:  No, currently the only lending period is 14 days.

Q: Can I return eBooks early?

A: Yes, but the titles are automatically checked in when the lending period expires so you don't need to manually return the materials.

Q: How will I know that my hold on an eBook is ready?

A: If you place a hold on an eBook, you will be emailed when it is ready for pickup. You have 72 hours from the time the email is sent to check-out the title before your hold is cancelled.

Q: Are there any late fees on eBooks?

A: Never!


Q: Can I read the same book from multiple devices?
A: Yes. The ODILOTK digital library automatically syncs to up to six of your devices that have the ODILOApp. For example, you can check-out and start reading an eBook on your iPad, and continue later on your PC. You can then pick up right where you have left off again on your Android device or phone.

Q: Can I print pages from the eBooks or print my bookmarks?

A: No, at this time there is no option to print content from e Books.

Q: Can I customize my reading experience and change my reading options?

A: Yes, you can change your font size, line spacing, background color, font style, add bookmarks, make notes, highlight text and more.

Q: Can I search for Odilo eBooks in my library’s online catalog?

A: Yes, you can search your library’s online catalog for Odilo eBooks at http://tlnl.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/wayn/ or at https://tln.odilo.us/opac/#index

Q: Do I need to create a user name and password?


A: No.  When using the app, the screen prompts you to log in with a user name and password, however, your user name is your library card number and your password is your library PIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment